Anaheim  is a city in Orange County, California. It is best known for being the home of Disneyland. Its second claim to fame is hosting the National Hockey League's Anaheim Ducks and Major League Baseball's Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim.
- By car: right on the I-5
- By plane: the closest airport is the John Wayne Airport, Santa Ana (SNA), while the Los Angeles Int. Airport (LAX) is the largest one in the area.
- By train: Amtrak and Metrolink provide service at Anaheim Station, located at the north side of Angel Stadium's parking lot, across from Honda Center, and 2.5 miles east of Disneyland.
Orange County Transit Authority, 714-560-OCTA (6282) / 714-636-RIDE (7433), . Provides bus service within Anaheim and to neighboring communities.
- Disneyland, of course, is Anaheim's main claim to fame since first opening in 1955
- California Adventure is a newer addition to Disneyland. It opened in 2001 and has separate admission fees.
- the Crystal Cathedral, home to the huge congregation built by the persistently up-beat Rev. Robert Schuler, is in nearby Garden Grove on Chapman Ave./ Lewis St. An impressive building: as the name implies, made almost entirely of glass.
- The Block at Orange offers a variety of shops, restaurants and entertainment such as Dave & Busters and AMC Theaters, located in the nearby city of Orange.
- Angel Stadium to see the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim in action.
- The Anaheim Ducks play in the Honda Center (formerly the Arrowhead Pond). You may also see Disney On Ice shows here as well. It is also open for the public to go and skate.
- The Garden Walk, . There are a lot of shops and also lots of nice eating places. It's close to Disneyland.
- There are lots of places to eat in and around Disneyland.
- La Brea Bakery Café, 1556 Disneyland Drive, (714) 490-0233, . (Located at Downtown Disney, along with many other restaurants, such as ESPN Zone and Rainforest Café).
- For Japanese food, Shabu Shabu, at The Block at Orange, 20 City Boulevard West, Orange, Tel: (714) 769-0200, . (Chapman/State College right next to the I-5). As Japanese restaurants go, they are not cheap. They offer Sushi and a style were you cook your food in boiling water at the table.
- Outback Steakhouse for Steaks and the famous Bloomin Onion
There are many of hotels, motels and inns all around Disneyland for all budgets and tastes.
- Alpine Inn(Alpine Inn Anaheim), 715 W. Katella Ave.(1 blk west of Harbor and Katella), ☎ 800-772-4422, . checkin: 2PM; checkout: 11AM. Alpine Inn, located in the heart of Anaheim Resort, is 100 yards to the South Entrance of Disneyland® Resort. Directly across the street is the Anaheim Convention Center.
- Americas Best Value Inn & Suites(At the Park / Convention Center), 425 West Katella Avenue(on Katella Avenue at Harbor Blvd), ☎ +1 714 776-2815, . checkin: 2PM; checkout: 11AM. Large heated outdoor swimming pool and spa. Complimentary Breakfast as well as free parking and Internet accessprice=$69-199.
- Castle Inn and Suites, 1734 S. Harbor Blvd(From I-5 Exit Harbor Blvd heading South. Castle Inn will be on left. Make U-Turn at Katella Avenue for entrance), ☎ +1 714-774-8111(fax: +1 714-956-4736), . checkin: 3PM; checkout: 11AM.
- Comfort Inn & Suites Anaheim, 300 East Katella Way, ☎ 800-982-8239, . A vacation and business hotel offering comfortable rooms and suites.
- Days Inn Anaheim, 1030 W. Ball Rd., ☎ 714-520-0101, .
- DoubleTree Guest Suites Anaheim Resort, 2085 S. Harbor Blvd, Anaheim, CA 92802, ☎ 714-750-3000, . checkin: 3PM; checkout: 12PM. Premium, full service hotel features Tuscan-inspired décor with contemporary flair.
- Hotel Pepper Tree, 2375 West Lincoln Avenue, Anaheim, CA 92801, ☎ 877-888-5656, . Extended stay hotel with Southern California style and rustic Spanish influence. Warm earthy décor, hand-crafted wood furniture, and Hollywood memorabilia.
- Hyatt Regency Orange County, 11999 Harbor Blvd., Garden Grove, ☎ 714-750-1234, . checkin: 3PM; checkout: 12PM.
- Ramada Ocean Front, 17205 Pacific Coast Highway, Sunset Beach, CA 92649, ☎ 866-523-5987, . Show your Universal Studio ticket for hotel discounts at the Ocean Front Ramada on Sunset Beach.
- Woodfin Hotel, 5905 Corporate Ave Cypress, CA 90630, ☎ 714-828-4000, . checkin: 3:00 PM; checkout: 12:00 PM. 3 Star Hotel. 142 Suites.Rates from $99 to $279.
- Buena Park's E-Zone, the home of Knott's Berry Farm can easiliy be reached from Anaheim via Orange County Transit Authority buses. From Disneyland, travel west on Katella Avenue to Stanton, then north on Beach Boulevard to Buena Park.
- Los Angeles and San Diego are accessible from Anaheim via Amtrak and Metrolink at the Angel Stadium railway station.
This page was last edited at 06:01, on 25 March 2009 by Peter Fitzgerald. Based on work by Stefan Ertmann, Rahul Arya and David, Wikitravel user(s) PerryPlanet, Gglodowski8, LtPowers, Veb47u and Biggie54, Anonymous user(s) of Wikitravel and others.