Atlanta - Poncey-Highland
Poncey-Highland is a neighborhood of Atlanta named for the intersection of Ponce de Leon Ave and Highland Ave. This area includes Freedom Park and is adjacent to the Old Fourth Ward discrict.
Old Fourth Ward is a current district in Atlanta, which is a portion of what was once the Fourth Ward, back when the city of Atlanta was divided into wards prior to 1954.
MARTA Bus #2 runs on Ponce de Leon Avenue between Avondale Station (E7) and North Avenue Station (N3). MARTA Bus #45 runs on Highland Avenue.
- Freedom Park, a park located in the center of Freedom Parkway, includes the Jimmy Carter Presidential Library and Museum and the Carter Center.
- Babette's Cafe, 573 North Highland Ave, . Rustic cafe decorated like a European farmhouse serving earthy seasonal fare. ($$$)
- Sotto Sotto, 313 North Highland Ave, . Basic pasta served in a sophisticated, simple setting is the trademark of this local favorite Italian restaurant.($$)
- Fritti, 309 North Highland Ave, +1 404-880-9559, . European-style pizza next to its sister restaurant, Sotto Sotto. ($$)
- Pura Vida, 365 North Highland Ave, . Vibrant locale in Poncey-Highland is one of the favorites for tapas in Atlanta. ($$)
- Metalsome, . Sing Karaoke with a live rock band backing you up.
- The Highland Inn, . Quaint and unusual Poncey-Highlands inn surrounded by unique restaurants and coffee shops.
This page was last edited at 05:53, on 15 May 2008 by Anonymous user(s) of Wikitravel. Based on work by Wikitravel user(s) Joggingman08 and Anonymous user(s) of Wikitravel.