Downtown Burlingame (intersection of Burlingame Ave and Lorton Ave) is a 10-minute ($20) taxi ride from San Francisco International Airport (SFO). A free shuttle bus connects several hotels near SFO with downtown Burlingame. CalTrain's "Burlingame" station is immediately adjacent to downtown. CalTrain connects to BART at "Millbrae" station, about three miles north of Burlingame. Parking spaces for private vehicles are usually available in all areas of Burlingame, except sometimes in the shopping areas along Burlingame Ave and Broadway Ave.
- Quent Cordair Fine Art, 346 Lorton Ave., (650) 344-1134, Quent Cordair Fine Art was established by artist Quent Cordair in 1996 and is Burlingame's largest art gallery. The gallery features uplifting and inspirational paintings, sculptures and drawings and is conveniently located across from the very popluar Il Fornaio restaurant. As a premier provider of contemporary Romantic Realism , QCFA has grown to serve an international clientele of private and corporate collectors. http://www.cordair.com
- Stacks, 361 California Dr., (650) 579-1384, . This small chain serves fantastic, if expensive, breakfasts! Crêpes, frittatas, and belgian waffles are their specialties.
- Hola, 1448 Burlingame Ave., (650) 375-1000, This is the most unique and exciting Mexican restaurant. First of all, the salsa is terrific with a subtle fire-roasted taste. As far as ordering, It is recommended that you try and take a risk -- The more exotic dishes have proven to be more spectacular than the plainer ones (which can be rather plain.) Margaritas are top-notch! Expect a loud scene during peak hours. Full Bar and great bartenders! Happy hour specials are great, including free munchies.
- Il Piccolo Cafe. 1219 Broadway Ave., (650) 348-4147, This is a quaint neighborhood cafe in the Italian tradition. Offers coffee drinks, wine, beer and a small assortment of food. Café has a nice outside seating area in the front and the side alley.
- Straights Cafe. Burlingame Ave. Singaporean dining is classy and unique.
- La Cornetta. Burlingame Ave. Mexican.
- Nectar. Lorton Ave. Wine bar.
- Tea Plus Noodles. Howard Ave. Vietnamese.
- Archipelago. Howard Ave. Asian-Californian fusion.
The Alibi is just one dive bar that is common with locals. It is located at 220 Lorton Ave.
- Crowne Plaza SFO, 1177 Airport Blvd(1-877-252-1558), . Crowne Plaza SFO is located only 1 mile away from the San Francisco International Airport (SFO).
- Embassy Suites - Airport, 150 Anza Blvd, +1 650 342-4600, . On San Francisco Bay and two miles from San Francisco Airport. Close to great shopping and dining, and just 16 miles from downtown San Francisco.
- Holiday Inn Express, 1250 Bayshore Hwy, ☎ +1 650 347-2381, .
- San Francisco Airport Marriott, 1800 Old Bayshore Highway, ☎ +1 650 692-9100(fax: +1 650 692-8016), .
- Vagabond Inn Executive SFO Airport Hotel, 1640 Bayshore Highway, ☎ +1 650 692-4040, .
This page was last edited at 19:06, on 15 February 2009 by San Francisco Girl. Based on work by David, Hotel Maker Bot, Colin Jensen and Tom Holland, Wikitravel user(s) PerryPlanet, Dox and Chipuni and Anonymous user(s) of Wikitravel.