Golf in Thailand
This article is a travel topic.
History of Golf in Thailand
Golf arrived in Thailand during the reign of King Rama V one hundred years ago. It was first played by nobles and other elitists of high society but since then, things have certainly changed. Over the past decade or so, the popularity of golf in Thailand has escalated; played both by local Thais and visiting foreign tourists and expatriates.
Meeting to the recent needs of an average of 400,000 foreign golfers coming to the Kingdom annually, golf in Thailand has turned into a huge local industry with new courses constantly being churned out. Golf alone is annually bringing an income of 8 billion baht into the local economy. The amount of golf currently being played in Thai is so colossal that the country has rightly been given the nickname ‘The Golf Capital of Asia’. Thailand offers over two hundred courses which are rated as of the highest world standard. Many of them have been designed and created by some of the classic names in the golfing world such as Nick Faldo, Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus, Seve Ballesteros, Gary Player, and Greg Norman.
So, why is Thailand so popular for golf?
There are an abundance of reasons why golf in Thailand has become so huge. First, if you compare the cost to most golfing countries in the world, Thailand’s golf courses offer membership and course fees at absolute minimal. The general low cost of vacationing in Thailand itself, making the country ideal for cost-efficiency minded tourists.
- Cost-effective: Thailand is great value for the greenback, especially in regards to accommodation, golfing, shopping and dining.
- Weather: Thailand has three different seasons. They are: hot season: March – May, Rainy season: June – October, Cool season: November – February. The best time to visit Thailand is during the cool season but anytime of the year is great. The climate, at most times of the year is hot and humid, Thailand’s hot lightly-breezed weather is just about ideal for golfers who don’t have a fascination for wind and cold.
- Golf Course: Many of the golf courses in Thailand have been designed by top names in the game such as Jack Nicklaus, Nick Faldo and Greg Norman and they are located in delightful locations.
- Geographical Diversity: Golf courses in Thailand are situated in a numerous different locations such as in the mountains or at the sea. Many of these courses can also boast beautiful surroundings, nestled in the misty mountains of the north, parked next to exotic white-sandy beaches or on the fringe of idyllic waterfalls.
- Infrastructure: The Tourism Authority of Thailand fully supports golfing in Thailand and so the guaranteed standard is high.
- Accommodation: Five-star accommodation in Thailand is far cheap than anything in a developed Western country. Thailand is well-appreciated around the globe as a haven for an excellent array of 4 and 5 star hotels, again available for a fraction of the cost of what you would pay in a developed country.
- Thai People: Thais are known the world over for their friendly laid-back and friendly nature.
- Cuisine: All the major cities also have a wide selection of international restaurants. Thai food has climbed the ladder in regards to popularity and is now one of the world’s favourite cuisines. Thai food is obviously tastier and far cheaper than in Europe or The US.
- Culture & Customs: Thailand prides itself in that the country has never colonialized, so holding on to its original beliefs and ways of life. Many foreigners enjoy coming to Thailand just to join in a couple of the customs such as Songkran and Loy Krathong.
- Things to do: Besides just playing golf, there is a lot more recreation possible in Thailand. There is shopping, spa, swimming, sunbathing, nightlife and trekking etc.
Being the small country it is, makes traveling to your course of choice convenient. You can be rest-assured that that by car or plane, you are never more than a 90 minute trip away from a 5 star golf course.
Besides its stunning islands and bustling cities, Thai people are also world famous for that one and only ‘smile’, one that is now synonymous with Thailand. One can expect to be greeted everywhere with a Thai smile which will brighten the day and warm the heart. Thailand isn’t nick-named the ‘Land of Smiles’ for no good reason.
Thailand is unique in South-East Asia as never having been colonialized by a Western power. And it is this independence which has ensured an untouched culture seeped in belief in Buddhism and respect for the monarchy. One can come to Thailand and enjoy Thai traditions which have grown immensely in popularity in foreign countries, of these we have Thai boxing, Thai massage, Thai cooking, Thai dance and Thai music. Out of the golf course, Thailand boasts thousands of traditional temples, modern shopping malls, street markets, museums, restaurants and bars. Something for every taste.
What’s the best time of the year for golf?
Golf can be played in Thailand every day of the year. During the rainy season June – October, all the courses have drainage systems so they are still playable, no problems. The hot season is a good time for playing golf and getting a suntan, this runs through March-April. The cool season is probably the freshest time of the year though for golfing in Thailand, November – February.
Like other Asian countries, the standard of golf played in Thailand by local golfers has rocketed over the past few years. Thongchai Jaidee is the country’s most successful golfers, winning a handful of major international tournaments. Other Thais who have had international success include Prayad Marksaeng and Boonchu Ruangjit.
Tournaments in Thailand
There are several different types of golf presently played in Thailand, they are:
- Corporate Golf Tournaments
- Corporate Pro-am Golf Tournament
- Charity Golf Tournaments
- Golf Tour Management
A Corporate Golf Tournament
This kind of tournament is splendid for enjoying a game of golf while talking business, entertaining clients and meeting new contacts. The services on offer in Thailand include:
- Course selection and advance group reservations
- Event coordination and supervision with on-site staffing
- Administration of pairings, cart signs, scorecard and rule sheets
- Implementation of format, special competitions and scoring
- Sourcing of special rental equipment
- Centralized billing
Pro-am Golf Tournament
This type of tournament affords the opportunity for everyone regardless of how well they play to mingle with golfing superstars. It is very popular for company directors to take clients or prospective clients along to enhance a closer relationship.
Charity Golf Tournaments
This tournament is just perfect for companies that wish to boost their company name with plenty of heavy advertisement; while, at the same time, financially assisting needy charities.
Golf Tour Management
This is simply a golf tour with a golf tour management program.
Golf Tours in Thailand
People come to Thailand on a golf tour to experience the beauty and excitement of Thailand first hand while enjoying the golf courses. Thailand is every golfers and nature lover's dream come true. Thailand has some of the best golf courses in the world situated in beautiful South-East Asia. There are a large variety of golf tour packages to choose from.
Johnny Walker Classic: This tournament has turned into one of Asia’s leading golf tournaments attracting a whole bunch of golfing stars including the likes of Tiger Woods.
The Honda LPGA: This tournament started in 2006 is part of the LPGA’s your program.
Golfing Destinations / Locations
Alpine Golf & Sports Club – This venue located in the province of Pathum Thani, is usually for members only and is rated to be one of the most challenging courses in Thailand. They have hosted many international competitions including the prestigious Johnny Walker Classic and the 13th Asian Games.
Thai Country Club – Not only is this course one of the finest in Thailand but also one of the best in Asia. It has been voted Thailand’s Best Golf Course 2001-2007 and Best Golf House in Asia 2000-2007. They have been host to many major competitions such as the Johnny Walker Super Tour, Asia Honda Classic and Volvo Masters Asia.
There are two golf courses located very close to each other in the Pathumthani area around 10 minutes from Don Muang Airport, or 40 minutes from Bangkok. They are cheaper than most of the other courses in Bangkok, you should have no problems getting on, even at the weekend. Get your taxi to wait while you pay the green fee, if the one is full you should be able to get onto the other with no problems.
Green fees: weekends 1030 baht, 530 baht after 15:30 for 9 holes (but if you are lucky your caddy may let you play more, light permitting); weekdays 610 baht. Caddy fee: 200 baht.
- Muang-Ake Vista
Par 70 course, quite easy. Open for night golfing. Green fees: weekdays 610 baht; weekends 1030 baht. Caddy fee: 200 baht.
You have to play this course for the experience, it is in the middle of Don Muang Airport, so you have jumbo jets landing and taking off as you play. You sometimes have to wait when crossing between holes for airplanes and for taxi to pass. Green fees: weekdays 320 baht; weekends 620 baht. Caddy fee: 180 baht.
- Windsor Park & Golf Club
Windsor Park & Golf Club continues to support both professional and amateur golf at different level, now with an expanded course layout of 36 holes; the last nine holes opened early in 2006 pose an increase challenge to golfers somewhat different to the other established three nine holes. From the Pro Tees, any 18 holes are over 6,900 yards, the Regular Tee around 6,400 yards and Par 72 for all courses. Course layout and design is both fair and addictive, wide fairways lead you to ample sized greens which then raise the challenge to your putting skills.
Windsor Park & Golf Club has both a large and elegant Clubhouse that you will agree from seeing that little expense was spread for golfers comfort and convenience.
- Weekday Baht 1,500
- Weekend Baht 2,200
Location : Windsor Park & Golf Club, 46 Moo 8, Suvintawong Road, Kokfad, Nongjok, Bangkok,10530, Thailand. Tel. +66(0)2 9894200-18 Fax.+66(0)2 9894224-5, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org . Take the Rama IX road and some 7 kilometres after it becomes an expressway, turn off left to Bang Pa In exit (at this point you are only 10 km from the new airport Suvannabhumi) within 2 km turn left into Ramkamhaeng Road and follow till the Min Buri turning at the end of well marked Suvintawong road. At T junction, turn right to Chachangsow and Windsor is on left side about 9 km. Takes approximately 40/50 minutes from Sukhumvit / Petchburi road area.
It is only 18 km from Widsor Park to the new airport Suvannabhumi, taking approximately 30 minutes in normal traffic.
Just outside of Bangkok are a myriad of world standard golf courses and facilities in the neighbouring provinces of Cha Choeng Sao, Pathum Thani and Nakhorn Pathom. These can be easily reached in about an hour from Bangkok. Some of these are rated the best in the country. So good and chosen to host PGA tournaments are:
- Navatanee Golf Course
- Amata Spring Country Club
- Alpine Golf & Sports Club
- Thai Country Club
Other popular course in and around Bangkok include:
- Muang Kaew Golf Course
- Subhapruek Golf Club
- Lam Luk Ka Country Club
This quiet sea-side area is home to two well-known golf courses, the Black Mountain Golf Club and Royal Hua Hin, the latter of which was the country’s first course.
The best golf course in this area is without a doubt the Nichigo Resort and Country Club championship course. Other decent places include:
- Mission Hills Golf Club
- Evergreen Hills Golf Club
- Dragon Hills Golf and Country Club
- Royal Ratchaburi Golf Club.
The one and only famous golf course in Chanthaburi is:
- Soi Dao Highland Golf Course - tel. +66-39322831 /2
Escaping the hustle and bustle of this busy seashore town is the Laem Chabang International Country Club which is considered the finest golf course in the area and ranked in Thailand’s Top 3. Even Jack Nicklaus designed some of the course. Other well-known popular courses in the area Pattaya include:
- Siam Country Club
- Mountain Shadow
- St. Andrews 2000
Beautiful Khao Yai 3 hours from Bangkok, has a variety of different courses to play at, they include: Kiriyama Golf Resort, Mission Hills Khao Yai, Voyage Panorama Resort and Golf Club and Friendship Meadows Country Club.
This region of Thailand is renowned for its magnificent rolling mountains and cool crisp weather, especially during the cool season when a jumper is needed. The Chiang Mai Lamphun Golf Club is a championship course which was the venue for the 18th SEA Games. The Lanna Sports Club offers the golfer a spectacular view of the area. Other places include:
- Royal Chiang Mai Golf Resort
- Mae Jo Golf Club & Resort
- Gassan Khuntan Golf and Resort
- Gassan Lake City Golf and Resort
- Gassan Marina Golf Club and Resort
- Bhumibol Dam Golf Club Tak
- Santiburi Country Club Chiang Rai
- Waterford Valley Chiang Rai
This exotic tropical island in the Andaman Ocean is home to the Blue Canyon Country Club which has been host to the Johnny Walker Classic, one in fact Tiger Woods won. Other venues include: Laguna Phuket, Thai Muang Beach Resort, Phuket Country Club, Loch Palm Golf Club and Red Mountain.
This lovely island in the south of the country has only one full-size golf course, Santiburi Samui Country Club.
Of Thailand’s approximately 200 golf courses more than 65 courses can be classified as outstanding and among those 25 - 30 are world class. Some of these are also complimented by their adherence to a traditional Thai-style look.
- Santiburi in Chiang Rai
- President GC
- Green Valley in Bangkok,
- Eeastern Star near Pattaya
- Windsor Park Bangkok
- Mount Shadow near Pattaya
- Imperial Lake View Cha Am/Hua Hin
- Khao Kheow near Pattaya
- Mission Hills GC's in Kanchanaburi/River Kwai and Khao Yai National Park
- Legcy in Bangkok
- Laem Chabang near Pattaya
- Springfield Royal in Hua Hin
- Mission Hills Phuket
- Re-opened after extensive renovation has KIRIMAYA, the former Khao Yai Country Club.
- Blue Canyon
- Nichigo River Kwai,
- famous Pinehurst
- Crystal Bay near Pattaya
- the honorable Siam Country Club
- Chiang Mai Lamphun
- Rose Garden
- Phuket Country Club
- Majestic Greek in Hua Hin.
The major outstanding courses considered at different destinations are:
- Alpine Golf & Sports Club 99 Moo 9, Bang Khan Sathani Vitthayu, Tambon Klong 5, Amphoe Kolongluang, Pathumthani (Tel: 0 2577 3333 Fax: 0 2577 7100)
- Bangkok Golf Club 99 Moo 2, Tiwanon Road, Bangkradi, Muang District, Pathumthani (Tel: 0 2501 2828 Fax: 0 2501 2778)
- Bangpakong Riverside Country Club 49 Moo 2, Bangkok-chachoengsao Road, Sanpudart, banpho, Chachengsao (Tel: 0 3857 3523-5 Fax: 0 3857 3526)
- Chuan Chuen Golf Club 100 Mooo 8, Chuan Chuen Flora Ville, Bangkok-Pathumthani Road, Bangkuwat, Muang, Pathumthani (Tel: 0 2598 2839 Fax: 0 2598 2878)
- Dynasty Golf & Country Club 99 Moo 3, Poldamri Rd, Tambol Ontoom, Bang Lane, Nakhonpathom (Tel: 0 3439 1076-9 Fax: 0 3439 1111)
- Ekachai Golf & Country Club 8 Moo 5, Ekachai Rd, Km 1, Tambol Bangnamchued, Muang, Samutsakorn (Tel: 0 2416 5557-9 Fax: 0 2416 5559)
- Krisada City Golf Hills 110/215 Km 31 Moo 3, Pinklao-Nakornchaisri Rd, Nakornchaisri, Nakornpathom (Tel: 0 3423 2594-8 Fax: 0 3423 2600)
- Krungthep Kreetha Sports Club 516 Krungthep Kreetha Rd, Huamark, Bangkapi (Tel: 0 2379 3732 Fax: 0 2379 3768)
- Lam Lukka Country Club 29 Moo 7, Klong 11, Lam Lukka, amphur Lam Lukka, Phathumthani (Tel: 0 2995 2300-4 Fax: 0 2995 2305)
- Navatanee Golf Course 22 Navathanee Serithai Road, Kannayao (Tel: 0 2376 1034-6 Fax: 0 2376 1685)
- NCR Country Club Golf & Marina 105 Moo 14, Bangluang, Banglane, Nakhonpathom (Tel: 0 3439 9012 Fax: 0 3439 9016)
- Panya Park Golf Course 46 Moo 8, Suwintawong Road Km 9, Nong Chok (Tel: 0 2989 4200-23 Fax: 0 2989 4224)
- President Country Club 42 Moo 8, Suwintawong Road, Lumtoiting, Nongchok (Tel: 0 2988 7555-63 Fax: 0 2988 7564)
- Rajpruek Club 100 Moo 3, Vibhavadi-Rangsit Rd, Thung Song Hong, Don Mueng (Tel: 0 2955 0055x1105 Fax: 0 2955 0096)
- Rose Garden Golf Club 53/1 Moo 4, Tha Talad, Sam Pran, Nakhon Pathom (Tel: 0 3432 2769-71 Fax: 0 3432 2768)
- Royal Bangkok Sport Club Hemri Dunant Rd, Pathumwan (Tel: 0 2251 0181-6 Fax: 0 2255 4158)
- Royal Thai Air Force Golf Course 14 Moo 8 Tambol Koo-Kod Amphur Lamlukka, Pathumthani (Tel: 0 2531 1484 Fax: 0 2523 6404)
- Royal Thai Army Sports Center (East Course) 459 Ramintra Road, Bangkhen (Tel: 0 2521 5338-9 Fax: 0 2521 3391)
- Royal Thai Army Sports Center (West Course) 459 Ramintra Road, Bangkhen (Tel: 0 2521 5338-9 Fax: 0 2521 3391)
- Thai Country Club 88 Moo 1, Bangna-Trad Road Km 35.5, Bangpakong, Chacheongsao (Tel: 0 3857 0234-46 Fax: 0 3857 0225)
- Thanont Golf View & Sports Club 61 Moo 6 Pracharuamjai Rd, Sikongdinthay Minburi (Tel: 0 2916 9100-4 Fax: 0 2916 9903)
- The Legacy Golf Club 10 Moo 7, Klong Samwa (Tel: 0 2914 1930-60 Fax: 0 2914 1970-71)
- The Royal Gems Golf & Sports Club 98 Moo 3, Salaya Banglane Road, Salaya, Phuthamonthon, Nakhonpathom (Tel: 0 2441 9314-6 Fax: 0 2441 9843)
- Uniland Golf & Country Club 9/4 Moo 3, Petchakasem Road, Muang, Nakhonpathom (Tel: 0 3427 1351 Fax: 0 3427 1353)
- Bangpoo Golf & Sports
- Bangsai Country Club
- Best Ocean Golf and Hotel
- Kiarti Thanee Country Club
- Krung Kavee Golf Course & Country Club Estate
- Muang-Ake Golf Club
- Pinehurst Golf & Country Club
- Rachakram Golf Club
- Royal Lakeside Golf Club
- Thana City Golf and Country Club
- Amata Spring Country Club
- Cascata Golf Club
- Green Valley Country Club
- Lakewood Country Club
- Muang Kaew Golf Club
- Panya Indra Golf Club
- Royal Golf & Country Club
- Subhapruek Golf Club
- Summit Windmill Golf Club
- Suwan Golf & Country Club
- Vintage Golf Club
- Windsor Park & Golf Club
- Banyan Tree Golf Club 34 Moo 4 Srisoonthorn Road, Cherngtalay, Thalang (Tel: 0 7632 4350, 0 7632 4358, 0 7627 2989, Fax: 0 7632 4351, Email: email@example.com, Website: www.lagunaphuket.com/)
- Blue Canyon Country Club 165 Moo 1 Thepkasattri Road, Thalang (Tel: 0 7632 8088, Fax: 0 7632 8068, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org , Website: )
- Loch Palm Golf Club 38 Moo 5 Vichitsongkram Road, Kathu District (Tel: 0 7632 1929-34, Email: email@example.com, Website: )
- Mission Hills Golf Club Phuket 195 Moo 4, Tambon Pla Khlok, Amphoe Thalang (Tel: 0 7631 0888, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org) 
- Phuket Country Club 80/1 Vichitsongkram Road, Katu District (Tel: 0 7631 9200-4, Fax: 0 7631 9206, Email: email@example.com , Website: )
- Tublamu Navy Golf Course
- Laguna Phuket Golf Club
- Red Mountain Golf Course
- Great Lake Golf and Country Club 77 Moo 5, Highway 36, Mab Yang, Rayong (Tel: 0 3862 2630)
- Khao Kheow Country Club 220 Moo 12, Bang Phra, Chonburi (Tel: 0 3829 8224-7) 
- Laem Chabang Golf Course 106/8 Moo 4, Bueng, Chonburi (Tel: 0 3837 2273) 
- Natural Park Hill 159/1 Moo 2, Saensuk-Bang Phra Road, Chonburi (Tel: 0 3839 3001-8)
- Noble Place Golf Resort 88/8 Moo 6, Highway 331 Road, Ban Bung, Chonburi (Tel: 0 38 26 3158-60, Mobile: 08 9833 8948
- Pattayagolf.Com 112/71 Permsiree, Soi Kao Talo, Nongprue, Banglamung Chonburi (Tel: 0 3833 2508, 08 9932 6716, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Plutaluang Navy Golf Course Moo 6, Sattahip District,Chonburi (Tel: 0 3870 1891, Fax: 0 3870 1843) 
- Phoenix Golf Course 111 Moo 9 Sucapiban Road, Huayyai, Banglamung, Chonburi (Tel: 0 3823 9391-5, 0 3823 9400, Fax: 0 3823 9402)
- St. Andrews 2000 Golf Course 88/8 Moo 6, Highway 331 Road, Ban Bung, Chonburi Tel: 08 9833 8948)
- Bangpra International Golf Club - tel. +66-38341149 /50
- Burapha Golf Club  tel. +66-38345151 /2 / +66-38345611 /13
- Chonburi Century Country Club - tel. +66-22606000
- Legacy Crystal Bay Golf Club  tel. +66-38349370 /80
- Legacy Mountain Shadow Golf Club  tel. +66-38393001 /8
- Greenwood Resort & Country Club  tel. +66-14849066 / +66-14849069
- Pattaya Country Club & Resort  tel. +66-12112491 / +66-12120278
- Royal Lakeside Golf Club & Resort - tel. +66-38573275 /9
- Siam Country Club Golf Course - tel. +66-38249381 /6
- Sriracha Golf Club  tel. +66-38338375 /8
- Treasure Hill Golf & Country Club - tel. +66-38420766
- Crystal Bay Golf Club
- Eastern Star Resort & Country Club
- Emerald Golf Club
- Wangjuntr Golf Park Khao Kheow Country Club
- Mountain Shadow Golf Club
- Pattana Sports Club
- Soi Dao Highland Golf Club & Resort
- Lanna Sports Center Golf Course Chotana Road, Muang (Tel: 0 5322 1911 Fax: 0 5322 1749)
- Chiangmai Green Valley Country Club
- Chiangmai Highlands Golf & Spa Resort
- Chiangmai-Lamphun Golf Club
- Royal Chiangmai Golf Resort
- Gassan Lake City Golf Course
- Lanna Golf Club Chiang Mai
- Mae Jo Golf Club & Resort
- Gassan Khun Tan Golf Course
- Chiang Mai Highlands Golf Course
- Gassan Marina Golf Club
- Royal Chiangmai Golf Resort
- Gassan Khuntan Golf & Resort
- Waterford Valley Chiang Rai Golf Resort 333 Moo 5 Tambon Pasang, Wieng Chiangrung (Tel: 0 5395 3425-7 Fax: 0 5395 3447)
- Santiburi Country Club Chiang Rai
- The Majestic Creek Country Club 164 Moo 4, Taptai, Hua Hin (Tel: 0 3252 0162-6 Fax: 0 3252 0477)
- The Royal Hua Hin Golf Club Damnernkasem Road, Hua Hin (Tel: 0 3251 2475 Fax: 0 3251 3038)
- Milford Golf Club
- Palm Hills Resort & Golf Club
- Sawang Resort & Golf Club Black Mountain Golf Club
- Imperial Lake View Hotel & Golf Club
- Springfield Village Golf & Spa
- Palm Hills Resort & Country Club 1444 Petchakasem Road, Cha-am (Tel: 0 3252 0800-11 Fax: 0 3252 0820)
- Sawang Resort Golf Club 99 Moo 2, Sapang, Khao Yai (Tel: 0 3256 2555-8 Fax: 0 1307 2390)
- Springfield Royal Country Club 193 moo 6, Phetchakasem Road, Tambon Huay Sai Nua, Cha-am (Tel: 0 3245 1181-5 Fax: 0 3245 1342)
- The Imperial Lake View Hotel and Golf Club 79-80 Moo 4, Hubkrapong Pranburi Road, Cha-am (Tel: 0 3245 6233-9 Fax: 0 3245 6241)
- Blue Sapphire Island and Resort Bor Ploy District (Tel: 0 3458 1227-30)
- Grand Garden & Golf Club 123 Moo 7 Koa Lardya Road, Lardya, Muang (Tel: 08 1941 0166 Fax: 0 2243 5819)
- Green World Hot Spring Resort & Golf Club 127 Moo 5, Kanchanaburi-Thong Phaphum Road, Km 107 (Tel: 0 3459 9210-1 Fax: 0 3459 1946)
- Nichigo Resort & Country Club 106 Moo 4, Tambon Wangdong, Muang Tel: 0 3451 8518-27 Fax: 0 3451 3334)
- Dragon Hills Golf & Country Club
- Evergreen Hills Golf Club & Resort
- Mission Hills Kanchanaburi Resort & Golf Club
- River Kwai Golf & Country Club
- Royal Ratchaburi Golf Club Nichigo Resort & Country Club
- Rayong Green Valley Country Club 23 Moo 7 Ban Chang, Rayong (Tel: 0 3889 3838-43)
- The Century Golf & Country Club - tel. +66-38602889 / +66-38603999
- Eastern Star Resort Country Club - tel. +66-38630410 /17
- Great Lake Golf & Country Club - tel. +66-13211913
- St. Andrews 2000 Golf Club - tel. +66-38893807 /8
- Santiburi Samui Country Club
Golf Tour and Packages
Thailand is the most well-known golfing paradise in South-east Asia. Not only does Thailand offer some of the finest golf courses and facilities in Asia, but the country is also ideal for vacation. The popularity of Thailand as a golfing destination has escalated in recent years with an average of 400,000 golfing tourists per annum. One can take in too some of the stunning scenery, beautiful nature, wonderful culture and friendly warm smiles.
- ChiangMai & ChiangRai: These provinces are located in the mountainous area of Northern Thailand. Most of the golf courses in the North are built to harmonize with nature.
- Bangkok & Ratchaburi & Nakornpathom: This is a popular area for golfers out playing and doing business at the same time.
- Pattaya & Rayong: Pattaya & Rayong: are the most popular areas for foreign tourists as they are on the coast. The area is home to a staggering 50+ courses.
- Kanchanaburi & Cha-Am & HuaHin: Kanchanaburi, Cha-Am and Hua Hin all near Bangkok were the places where golf was first played in Thailand. They are popular destinations for day trips or one night stopovers outside of the capital.
- KaoYai: KhaoYai is the beyond a doubt the most well-known and popular national park in Thailand and it is host to 8 golf courses.
- Phuket & Ko Samui: These two places with golf courses are tropical paradises, the two most popular island destinations in Thailand.
Bangkok - Chiang Mai – River Kwai - Hua Hin
Day 1: arrive in Bangkok, dinner cruise Day 2: golf at Kanchanaburi, visit JEATH museum and Bridge over the River Kwae Day 3: golf at Samut Prakan, see crocodile farm and ancient city Day 4: half game of golf, visit Emerald Buddha, Grand Palace, Wat Pho and Thai Massage, train to Chiang Mai Day 5: arrive in Chiang Mai, golf and see traditional Lanna music and dance show Day 6: visit the Golden Triangle, Burmese border and visit hill tribes Day 7: golf in the mountains, visit Princess Mother Palace, Flower Garden and Tung Mountain Day 8: go on a trek to several hill tribe villages and stay overnight traditional style Day 9: fly back to Bangkok and free day in Kanchanburi town seeing the Bridge Over the River Kwae and war museum Day 10: morning golf and then have a free day Day 11: travel to Cha-am, half game in the afternoon Day 12: golf and the afternoon on the beach Day 13: golf and a farewell dinner party Day 14: go to Bangkok and fly home
Bangkok and Central Plains - One-Week Itinerary
Day One: a game of golf and dinner cruise down the Chao Phraya River Day Two: a game of golf, visit Siam Paragon and see a traditional dance show Day Three: a half game of golf, visit the Temple of the Emerald Buddha, Temple of Dawn, Temple of the Reclining Buddha and enjoy live music in the evening Day Four: a game of golf in Pathum Thani, go to Dream World, shop at Future Park and karaoke in the evening Day Five: free day, dinner party with Thai boxing show in the evening Day Six: visit the floating market, have a game of golf and go to Erawan Waterfall Day Seven: breakfast at the Oriental Hotel, go to Siam Paragon and fly home
Eastern Seaboard Three-Day Itinerary
Day One: travel to Pattaya, game of golf and see lady boy show in the evening
Day Two: game of golf, go to Water World and dinner on top of Pattaya Tower, dinner party and karaoke Day Three: a half game of golf, afternoon on the beach and travel back to Bangkok and fly home late
Western Region, Hua Hin Five-Day Itinerary
Day One: go to Hua Hin, see the sunset and traditional Thai dance show Day Two: game of golf, visit Royal Palace and have seafood Day Three: game of golf, go to Kaeng Krachan national park Day Four: game of golf, visit Cha-am beach and see Thai boxing Day Five: half game of golf, go to Bangkok, see the Emerald Buddha, Grand Palace and Jim Thompson’s silk store and fly home
Kanchanaburi Five-Day Itinerary
Day One: travel to Kanchanaburi, visit the Bridge over the River Kwae, War Museum, war cemeteries and dinner cruise Day Two: game of golf and visit Erawan national park and waterfall Day Three: game of golf, visit 3 Pagodas Pass and Burmese border town Day Four: game of golf, Thai massage, Thai dance show and live Thai folk music Day Five: half a game of golf, return to Bangkok and fly home
Northern Region Five-Day Itinerary
Day One: arrive in Chiang Mai, visit Suthep Mountain, see traditional Thai dance show
Day Two: game of golf, Thai massage, Thai boxing and shop at Night bazaar
Day Three: game of golf, visit Mae Salong KMT village, see flowers and Burmese border town
Day Four: game of golf, visit Tung Mountain, Princess Mother Palace and flower gardens
Day Five: half game of golf, return to Bangkok, visit Emerald Buddha and fly home
Northeastern Region Three-Day Itinerary
Day One: go to Khao Yai, half game of golf and see traditional Thai stage drama
Day Two: game of golf, visit Prasat Phimai historical park, Ya Mo Monument, horse riding and steak at Chok Chai Farm and listen to live Thai folk music
Day Three: game of golf, visit Safari World, traditional market and fly home
Golf Services Directory
Golf Equipment Shops
- About Golf Bangkok (Tel: 0 2721 9394)
- Adidas Golf Bangkok (Tel: 0 2655 4399)
- B.B Club Fitting Thaniya Plaza 3th Floor, Bangkok (Tel: 0 2231 2989, 08 1700 5540)
- Chiang Mai Thong wirai Chiang Mai (Tel: 0 5321 2426)
- Chiang Rai Golf Service Chiang Rai (Tel: 0 5374 6641)
- Classic Golf Bangkok (Tel: 0 2231 2949)
- Counter S-Yard The emporium Department Store 3 rd Floor, Sports Zone, Sukhumvit Road, Bangkok (Tel: 0 2664 8000#1219)
- Eurosia Golf Bangkok (Tel: 08 1875 8767)
- FBT Golf Bangkok (Tel: 0 2718 4700-44)
- Gift & Golf - Hat yai Songkhla (Tel: 0 7424 4639)
- Gift a & Golf – Phuket Bangkok (Tel: 0 7623 3268)
- GM Golf Mania 52 Thaniya Plaza 1st Floor, Soi Thaniya Silom Road, Bangkok (Tel: 0 2231 2162)
- Golf Channel – Huahin Prachuabkirikhan (Tel: 0 3251 3887)
- Golf Channel – Pattaya Chonburi (Tel: 0 3842 4841)
- Golf Channel – Pinklao Pinklao, G Floor, Zone Plaza (Opposite Mangpong Shop), Bangkok (Tel: 0 2884 5757)
- Golf-R-Us Bangkok (Tel: 0 2934 8040-2)
- Golf Shop Thailand Website (Tel: +66 81 743 2403)
- GolfTrend - Central Bangna 3th Floor, Central Bangna, Bangkok (Tel: 0 2361 0767)
- GolfTrend - Chiang In Plaza Central Airport Plaza 2th Floor, Chiang Mai (Tel: 0 5390 3617)
- GolfTrend - Ratchada Pro Am Driving Range, Bangkok (Tel: 0 2692 6566)
- GolfTrend – Sukumvit T-OFF Driving Range, Bangkok (Tel: 0 2713 5560)
- GolfTrend - Thaniya Plaza Taniya Tower Plaza Bldg, Silom Road, Bangrak, Bangkok (Tel: 0 2231 2208)
- Honma Golf Bangna 1091 Room 104A Ground floor, Central city Bangna, Bangna-Trad Road, Prakanong, Bangna, Bangkok (Tel: 0 2361 1143-5)
- Honma Golf Lard Prao 1697/224-226, snd Floor, Central Plaza Lardprao, Phahoyothin Road, Lardyao, Chatujak, Bangkok (Tel: 0 2937 0690-2)
- Honma Golf Rama lll Rama III Shop 79/182-184 4th Floor, central Plaza Rachada-rama lll sathupradit Road, Chongnonsee, Yannawa, Bangkok (Tel: 0 2673 6290-2)
- Honma Golf Silom 323 room 203C,2nd United center Silom Road, Silom, Bangrak, Bangkok (Tel: 0 2267 6135)
- Honma Golf World Trade Center 4/1-2 Room B439-440,4th Floor, World Trade center Rajadamri Road, Prathumwan, Bangkok (Tel: 0 2255 6153-5)
- K.Sport Shop 2nd Floor, Thaniya Plaza, Bangkok (Tel: 0 2231 2895)
- Kabin Oil Bangkok (Tel: 0 3728 1287)
- KASCO GOLF Bangkok (Tel: 0 2203 0278,0 2203 0283)
- Krungthep Dreetha Driving Range 516 Krungthep Kreetha Road, Huamark, Bangkapi, Bangkok (Tel: 0 2736 1133)
- Lucky Golf Rayong (Tel: 0 3860 1577, 08 1410 3563)
- Logo Golf Ball Pro website(Tel: +66 81 558 6590)
- Mary Ware Golf Bangkok (Tel: 0 2231 2728)
- Missile Golf Meng Jai All Star Driving Range, 2nd (GM Golf Shop) Phachautid Road, Bangkok (Tel: 0 2934 8062)
- Missile golf - Ratchada18 Pro Am Driving Range, Ratchada Road, Bangkok (Tel: 0 2692 7717-9)
- Missile Golf Taniya GM Golf Mania 1th Floor, Silom Road, Bangkok (Tel: 0 2231 2162)
- Missile Golf-Sport World Bangkok (Tel: 0 2957 5181)
- Mister Golf Bangkok (Tel: 0 2937 9411)
- MST GOLF - All Star Golf Complex 518/5 Phachautid (Ramkumheang 39), Bangkok (Tel: 0 2934 8062)
- MST GOLF - SENA Putting Green Bangkok (Tel: 0 2905 1468)
- MST GOLF - Thaniya Plaza 52 Thaniya Plaza No.126-129 1th Floor, Silom Road, Suriyawong, Bangrak, Bangkok (Tel: 0 2231 2997)
- Only Golf Bangkok website (Tel: +66 81558 6590)
- P O Sports Bangkok (Tel: 0 3931 3114)
- Pattaya City Chonburi (Tel: 0 3830 0090)
- Profit Driving Range Bangkok (Tel: 0 2748 1997)
- RBSC Pro Shop The Royal Bangkok Sport Club No.1 Henri Dunant Street, Bangkok (Tel: 0 2251 0181-6, 0 2255 1420-8#27)
- RCA Driving Range (Pro Shop) Rimtangrodfaisaipadrue Road, Bangkapi, Huaykwang, Bangkok (Tel: 0 2203 0945, 0 2203 0985-7#114)
- S.P.N. GOLF COMPANY LIMITED 52 Thaniya Plaza 1th Floor, No.120 Silom Road, Suriyawong, Bangrak, Bangkok (Tel: 0 2231 2174)
- Save Par Golf House Bangkok (Tel: 0 4242 0322)
- Sport Mania Bangkok (Tel: 0 7623 4581)
- Sports Mall Bangkok (Tel: 0 2664 8000)
- Sri Muang Golf Bangkok (Tel: 0 3862 2115)
- Sukumvit 39 Golf Bangkok (Tel: 0 2261 5708, 08 1697 7966)
- T & T Golf Bangkok (Tel: 0 4425 9317)
- The River Club (Proshop) 2525 Charoenkrung Road, Bangkorlaem, Bangkok (Tel: 0 2698 2585)
- Transview Golf-Lardprao 1697 Central Plaza Ladprao,3rd floor, Room No.318, Phaholyothin Road, Lardproao, Chatuchak, Bangkok (Tel: 0 2937 2123-4)
- 247 Yd. Driving Range Chaophya Park Hotel, 247 Ratchadapisek Road, Dindaeng, Bangkok 10400 Bangkok (Tel: 0 2276 0172-8)
- 42 Tee Off 1022 Sukhumvit Road, Prakanorng, Klongtoey, Bangkok (Tel: 02712 1541-2, 08 1777 2918)
- Ake Sports Center 1/23 Soi Ramkamhang 39 (Thepleela), Prachautid Road, Wangthonglang, Bangkok (Tel: 0 2934 4747 #2006)
- Albatross Driving Range 9 Moo 2 Kanchanapisek Road, Talingchun, Bangkok (Tel: 0 2449 5353-5)
- All Star Golf Complex 518/5 Ramkhamhaeng 39 Road, (Pracha-U-Thid), Near Meng-jai, Soi Sahakarnpramul (Laos Embassy), Bangkok (Tel: 0 2934 8000)
- Amarin Driving Range 43/1169 Ramindra3, Anusavaree, Bangkan, Bangkok (Tel: 0 2973 6530-4)
- Aree Golf 10 Soi Atthakravee 1, Sukhumvit, Klongtan, Klongtoey, Bangkok (Tel: 0 2259 8425-7)
- Bangkapi Golf Driving Range 312 Ramkamhang Road, Huamark , Bangkapi, Bangkok (Tel: 0 2376 3517)
- Bangkok Golf Club Driving Range 99 Moo 2 Tiwanon Road, Bangkradi, Muang District, Pathumthani, Bangkok (Tel: 0 2501 2826-8)
- Bangna Golf Driving Range (Roong-Sang) 57/612 Soi Phanitchakarnbangna, Bangna-Trad Road, Bangkok (Tel: 0 2747 4946)
- Bangplee Driving Range 12/4 Moo 7 Bangna-Trad Road, Bangplee, Samutprakarn (Tel: 0 2316 1547)
- Bangyai Sports Club 59 Moo 6 Saotonghin, Bangyai, Bangkok (Tel: 0 2394 0669)
- Banyan Tree Phuket Golf Club 33 Moo 4, Tambon Cherngtalay, Amphoe Talang, Phuket (Tel: 0 7632 4350, 0 7632 4358, 0 7627 2989)
- BSC Driving Range Moo5 , Surasak, Sriracha, Chonburi (Tel: 0 3833 9212, 0 3833 9031)
- Burapha Golf Club 281 Moo4, Tambon Bung, Sriracha, Chonburi (Tel: 0 3834 5151-2, 0 3837 2700-1)
- Chiangmai-Lamphun Golf Club 336 Moo 4, Huay-yab, Banthi, Lamphun (Tel: 0 5388 0880-84, 0 5320 1606-7)
- Dol Driving Golf 31/9 Moo 17, Samwa, Minburi, Bangkok (Tel: 0 2918 6549, 0 2906 4803)
- Dusit Driving Range Nangleng, Pisanulok Road, Dusit, Bangkok (Tel: 08 1353 6842)
- Eagle Driving Range 119/921 Moo 10, Nonthaburi-Patumthani Road, Muang, Pathumthani (Tel: 0 2976 5555)
- Ekachai Golf & Country Club 8 Moo 5 Ekachai Road, Tambon Bangnamchued, Amphoe Muang, Samutsakorn (Tel: 0 2416 5557-59)
- Gassan Driving Range (Big 5) 88 Moo 7 Rama II, Samaedum, Bangkhungthean, Bangkok (Tel: 0 2848 1417)
- Green Field Driving Range 92 Soi Ramkamhaeng 53, Wangthonglang, Bangkok (Tel: 0 2935 2844-47)
- Green Star Driving Range Liab-Klongprapa Road, Tambon Klongkleu, Amphoe Pakkred, Bangkok (Tel: 0 2582 0561)
- Green Valley Country Club 92 Moo 3, Bangna-Trad Road, KM 15, Bangplee, Samutprakarn (Tel: 0 2312 5883-9)
- Greenny Driving Range 55/60 Moo 1, Ramkamhang Road, Sapansoong, Bangkok (Tel: 0 2729 5607-11 Ext. 250)
- Hassadin Driving Range 22 Soi Sukhumvit 70/3, Bangna, Bangkok (Tel: 0 2398 7647-8)
- Hitting Field Driving Range 57/5 Moo 19 Suvintawong Road, Bangkok (Tel: 0 2543 6967)
- Hot Shots Golf Driving Range On the back of IMPACT Bldg. (Muangthong Thanee), Changwattana Road, Laksi, (Tel: 0 2980 7711, 0 2980 7722)
- JS Driving Range Bangkok (Tel: 0 2444 2905)
- K.D. Golf Driving Range 44/447 Sukhapiban 1, Navamin Road, Klonggum, Bunggum, Bangkok (Tel: 0 2519 1783, 0 2947 8180)
- Kiathada Driving Range 35/370 Satrevitaya 2 Road, Lardpraw, Bangkok (Tel: 0 2907 7941-4)
- Krungthep Kreetha Sports Club 516 Krungthepkreetha Road, Huamark, Bangkapi, Bangkok (Tel: 0 2379 3716-17, 0 2736 1135)
- Krungthong Golf Driving Range (**Closed**) 7 Soi Soonvijai 1, New Phetburi Road, Huay-Kwang, Bangkok (Tel: 0 2318 1651-2)
- Ladprao Driving Range 2519/1 Soi Ladprao 79-81, Ladprao Road, Wangthonglang, Bangkok (Tel: 0 2514 3276-9, 0 2538 7772)
- Mahamek Driving Range 71/1 Soi Ngamduplee, Rama IV Road, Sathorn, Bangkok (Tel: 0 2679 8124-6)
- Maleewan Golf Driving Range 77/153 Moo 4 Maleewan House, Prachathipat, Tunyaburi, Pathumthani (Tel: 0 2996 0594)
- Military Driving Range Ramindra Km. 1, Bangkok (Tel: 0 2521 1184)
- Minburi Driving Range Samwa Road, Minburi, Bangkok (Tel: 0 2918 6549)
- Nakharint Golf Driving Range 333 Moo 5 Srinakharin Road, Samrongnue, Muang, Bangkok (Tel: 0 2383 3406-7)
- Natee Driving Range 42/1 Moo 9 Kanjanapisek Road, Bangkare, Bangkok (Tel: 0 2803 3421)
- Navamin Driving Range 44/447 Moo 10 Navamin Road, Klongkum, Buengkum, Bangkok (Tel: 0 2947 8851-2)
- Nine Green Driving Range (Don Muang Driving Range) 20/51 Vipawadee Rangsit Road, Kwang Seekan, Don Muang District, Bangkok (Tel: 0 2996 7972-3)
- Nonthree Driving Range 3 Soi Buppaburi Nonthree Road, Chongnonsee, Yannawa, Bangkok (Tel: 0 2294 6381-2)
- North Park Driving Range 37/3 Vibhavadee - Rangsit Road, Moo 5, Thungsonghong, Laksi, Bangkok (Tel: 0 2955 0007-8)
- Nuanjan Golf Club 127/399 Moo 12 Soi Nuanjan Ram-Indra Road, Buengkoom, Bangkok (Tel: 0 2949 9604-6)
- Number One Driving Range 19/7 Moo 3 Pracha-utid Road, Wangthonglang, Bangkok (Tel: 0 2935 6270-1)
- Panya Indra Driving Range 99/1 Moo 6 Ramindra Road, K.m. 9.5, Kannayao, Bangkok (Tel: 0 2943 0000)
- Par 3 Master Golf Club 334 Soi Seuyaiuthit, Ratchadapisek Road, Lardyao, Chatuchak, Bangkok (Tel: 0 2541 7421,23,24)
- Par 3 Srinakarin Golf 903 Moo 6 Srinakarin Road, Nongborn, Pravet, Bangkok (Tel: 0 2721 8137 -40)
- Parknam Driving Range 549/1 Srinakhaarin Road, Paknam, Muang, Samutprakarn (Tel: 0 2389 1123)
- Pathum Drive Golf 9/1 Pathumladlumkeaw Road, Muang, Bangkok (Tel: 0 2581 2333-4)
- Phuket Country Club 80/1 Vichitsongkram Road, Katu District, Phuket (Tel: 0 7632 1038-41)
- Pinehurst Golf Driving Range 73 Phaholyothin Road, KM 37 Klong 1, Amphoe Klong Luang, Pathumthani (Tel: 0 2516 8677)
- Pinklao Golf Driving Range 1752/123 Borromratchachonnanee 2, Bangbumruh, Bangplad, Bangkok (Tel: 0 2433 1876)
- Prachachuen Driving Range 37/6 Moo 1 Prachachuen Road, Thasai Muang, Nonthaburi (Tel: 0 2953 5300-2)
- Pracho Golf & Driving Range 94/2 Ngamwongwan Road, Tungsonghong, Laksi, Bangkok (Tel: 0 2955 5354, 0 2954 1800)
- Pro-Am Driving Range Ratchadapisek 18, Ratchadapisek Road, Huay Kwang, Bangkok (Tel: 0 2692 6229, 0 2692 6299)
- Promsiri Golf Driving Range 569/1 Pracha-Utid Road, Samsennok, Huaykwang, Bangkok (Tel: 0 2274 4254,0 2691 0641)
- PS Driving Range 20/51 Moo 9 Soi Kaveevienravee, Vibhavadi Rangsit, Don Mueang, Bangkok (Tel: 0 2996 7973)
- Rachadamnern Health Center Driving Range 19/2 Moo 6 Taveewattana-Karnchanapisek Road, Taveewattana, Bangkok (Tel: 0 2448 1781)
- Ratchada Wipavadee Golf Driving Range 159/3 Ratchadapisek Road, Jatujak, Bangkok (Tel: 0 2513 7526-7)
- RCA Driving Range 149 Local Road, (RCA RAMA9) Bangkapi, Huaykwang, Bangkok (Tel: 0 2203 0985-6)
- Rotfai Driving Range Beside Jatujuk Park, Ladyao Bangkok (Tel: 0 2225 0300 ext. 5748)
- Royal Thai Air Force Golf Course - Dhupatemiya Golf Course (Ladped) 14 Moo 8 Tambon Koo-Kod, Amphoe Lamlukka, Pathumthani (Tel: 0 2531 1484, 0 2534 3880)
- Royal Thai Army Driving Range 459 Moo 3 Ram-Indra Road, Anusaowaree, Bangkhen, Bangkok (Tel: 0 2521 6401, 0 2521 6449)
- Royal Thai Navy Golf Club 4355 Sukhumvit Road, Bangna, Prakanong, Bangkok (Tel: 08 1933 9589)
- SanamBinnam Driving Range 99/127 Moo5 SanamBinnam Road, Tambon Tha trai Muang- Nonthaburi, Bangkok (Tel: 0 2526 8989, 0 2526 8633)
- Saraburi Driving Range 510/1 Paholyothin Road, Prakpure, Amphoe Muang, Saraburi (Tel: 0 3631 7303)
- Sathu 20 Driving Range 1218/2 Sathupradit 20, Bangkho, Bangkorleam, Bangkok (Tel: 0 2212 2920-1)
- Sena Putting Green 55 Ladprakao Road, Between Soi 10 - 12 Near Wang Hin Intersection, Chokchai 4, Bangkapi, Bangkok (Tel: 0 2940 2840)
- Seri Golf Club 66 Moo 7 Borromratchachonnanee Road, Talingchan, Bangkok (Tel: 0 2424 9378)
- Siam Country Club 50 Moo 9 Tambon Poeng, Amphoe Banglamung, Chonburi (Tel: 0 3824 9381-6)
- Sports City 20/262-4 Moo 9 Prachachuen Road, Bangtalad, Pakkred Nonthaburi (Tel: 0 2575 0078-85)
- SRG Riean Sin 101/1 Moo 7, Petkasem Road, Aomnoi , Katumban, Samutsakorn (Tel: 0 2420 6760)
- Sripatum Driving Range 23/6 Moo 1 Tambon Taikao, Amphoe Muang, Bangkok (Tel: 08 1649 8747)
- Sukhumvit 18 Golf Driving Range 108 Soi Pichit Sukhumvit 18 Road, Klongtoey, Bangkok (Tel: 0 2258 0985)
- T Off Driving Range 1022 Sukhumvit Road, Prakanorngnua, Klongtoey Bangkok (Tel: 0 2712 1541-2)
- T.S.R. Golf Driving Range 76/487 Tiwanon 38, Thasai, Muang, Nonthaburi (Tel: 0 2950 6739)
- The River Club 2525 Charoenkrung Road, Bangkorlaem, Bangkok (Tel: 0 2689 2600)
- Thonburi Golf Driving Range 59/323 Moo 10 Rama II Road, Bangmod, Jomthong, Bangkok (Tel: 0 2415 8926, 0 2415 2225)
- Top Class Driving Range (Pawin) 58/9 Moo 19 Kanchanapisake Road, Salatammasok, Tavewatthana, Bangkok (Tel: 0 2885 8683-4)
- Top Drive Driving Range 21/29 Tiwanon Road, Tambon Bangpood, Pakkred, Nonthaburi (Tel: 0 2961 9021)
- Top Golf Driving Range 3079/23 Between Sukhumvit 101-101/1, Bangjark, Bangkok (Tel: 0 2747 9800 Ext. 181)
- Trichut Golf Driving Range 106/4 Ekachai Road, Bangbon, Bangkok (Tel: 0 2416 6258)
- Whole In One Driving Range 39/9-10 Moo 1 Liab-Klongprapa Road, Tambon Klongkleu, Amphoe Pakkred, Nonthaburi (Tel: 0 2574 3825)
- Anachak Attapreyangkul Heartland Golf Schools (Tel: 0 2953 5310-11), (N/A)
- Apirux Bidaya Sathu 20 Driving Range (Tel: 0 2212 2920-1), (San Diego golf academy)
- Aran Chantasopol Ake Sports Center – Prachautid (Tel: 0 2934 4747), (N/A)
- Aroon Vorathong Heartland Golf Schools (Tel: 0 2953 5310-11), (N/A)
- Atchara Timthong Heartland Golf Schools (Tel: 0 2953 5310-11), (N/A)
- Boonma Khumnual Bangplee Driving Range (Tel: 0 2316 1547), (N/A)
- Boonnum Suksai Chaowarat Golf Acadamy, Thonburi Driving Range (Tel: 0 2867 2210, 08 1621 5288, 08 1656 6278), (TPGA)
- Boontare Reungthum Heartland Golf Schools (Tel: 0 2953 5310-11), (N/A)
- Boonyong Charearnrod Bangplee Driving Range (Tel: 0 2316 1547), (N/A)
- Chakrapong Chuenarom Heartland Golf Schools (Tel: 0 2953 5310-11), (USPGA)
- Chan Muangjinda Mahamek Driving Range (Tel: 0 2679 8126), (N/A)
- Chaowarat Kemarat Chaowarat Golf Acadamy, Thonburi Driving Range (Tel: 0 2867 2210, 08 1621 5288, 08 1656 6278), (TPGA)
- Charlie Rujianapan Heartland Golf Schools (Tel: 0 2953 5310-11), (USGTF)
- Chartchai Phromjukgarin Minburi Driving Range (Tel: 0 2918 6549, 08 1421 9693), (TPGA)
- Cho Sung Hoon PSGA Golf Academy - Soi Soonvijai, Sanam Paow (Tel: 0 2618 5479), (N/A)
- Chokchai S. (Hino) Sukhumvit 18 Driving Range (Tel: 0 2258 0985), (TPGA)
- Chorchut Jariyapan Heartland Golf Schools (Tel: 0 2953 5310-11), (TPGA)
- Chumpol Chamcheurn Ake Sports Center – Prachautid (Tel: 0 2934 4747), (N/A)
- Danai Wattanakorn PSGA Golf Academy - Soi Soonvijai, Sanam Paow (Tel: 0 2618 5479), (USGTF)
- Daniel Wyborn The Thai Country Club, (British PGA)
- Sathu Pradit Soi 20, Golf Driving Range (Tel: 08 1889 0061)
- Sukhumvit Soi 18, Golf Driving Range
- Doy Nalae PSGA Golf Academy - Soi Soonvijai, Sanam Paow (Tel: 0 2618 5479), (N/A)
- Ekaluck Hopechrungruang Capricorn International Co.,LTD. (Tel: 08 6324 2493), (TPGA)
- Jeremy Paulson Heartland Golf Schools (Tel: 0 2953 5310-11), (N/A)
- Jittisak Tamprasert Heartland Golf Schools (Tel: 0 2953 5310-11), (N/A)
- Jorgen Persson Heartland Golf Schools (Tel: 0 2953 5310-11), (N/A)
- Khomkrit Khemnark Heartland Golf Schools (Tel: 0 2953 5310-11), (N/A)
- Kim Inglis website(Tel: 08 1485 5189), (Canadian Professional Golf Management Program)
- Kittiphong Srithongkul Chaowarat Golf Acadamy, Thonburi Driving Range (Tel: 0 2867 2210, 08 1621 5288, 08 1656 6278), (TPGA)
- Mana Thongthaengyai Mahamek Driving Range (Tel: 0 2679 8126), (N/A)
- Michael Van Amelsvoort Heartland Golf Schools (Tel: 0 2953 5310-11), (N/A)
- Nakrob Chartnasin PSGA Golf Academy - Soi Soonvijai, Sanam Paow (Tel: 0 2618 5479), (USGTF)
- Narin Boonmee Panya Indra Driving Range (Tel: 0 2943 0000), (N/A)
- Nattapong Sriwittaya Saraburi Driving Range (Tel: 08 1947 3354), (AMGTF)
- Noi Ketbang The School of Thai Golf Education (Tel: 0 2690 6902), (TSPGA /TPGA)
- Nop Sukkasem Master Golf Academy (Te: 0 2947 8851-2, 08 1171 6928), (N/A)
- Opas Mongolrit Sathu 20 Driving Range (Tel: 0 2212 2920-1), (USGTF)
- Parnthep Pitarachart PSGA Golf Academy - Soi Soonvijai, Sanam Paow (Tel: 0 2618 5479), (USGTF)
- Paul Paulson Heartland Golf Schools (Tel: 0 2953 5310-11), (N/A)
- Pongsak Daengchuang Mahamek Driving Range (Tel: 0 2679 8126), (N/A)
- Prachaya Rochananan Chaowarat Golf Acadamy, Thonburi Driving Range (Tel: 0 2867 2210, 08 1621 5288, 08 1656 6278), (USGTF)
- Prathep Kaewwongsa Mahamek Driving Range (Tel: 0 2679 8126), (N/A)
- Rungsan Raksomjit Panya Indra Driving Range (Tel: 0 2943 0000), (N/A)
- Sakson Kalsmith Sathu 20 Driving Range (Tel: 0 2212 2920-1), (Golf work golf school)
- Sanguan Keawvisaet Panya Indra Driving Range (Tel: 0 2943 0000), (N/A)
- Santi Sopol Panya Indra Driving Range (Tel: 0 2943 0000), (N/A)
- Sarinee Leksuwan Heartland Golf Schools (Tel: 0 2953 5310-11), (AGT)
- Sodchuen Kunyalung Heartland Golf Schools (Tel: 0 2953 5310-11), (USGTF)
- Solod Borsuntae Panya Indra Driving Range (Tel: 0 2943 0000), (N/A)
- Somchai On-imsin Mahamek Driving Range (Tel: 0 2679 8126), (N/A)
- Somchai Sungtorng Panya Indra Driving Range (Tel: 0 2943 0000), (N/A)
- Somgieat Srisakga Bangplee Driving Range (Tel: 0 2316 1547), (N/A)
- Somsak Srisakga Bangplee Driving Range (Tel: 0 2316 1547), (N/A)
- Supakorn Boonrawdruk Heartland Golf Schools (Tel: 0 2953 5310-11), (N/A)
- Supreecha Vipatapong Heartland Golf Schools (Tel: 0 2953 5310-11), (USGTF)
- Surapol Wongsathitaya Heartland Golf Schools (Tel: 0 2953 5310-11), (N/A)
- Surathat Sangsawad TSR Driving Range (Tel: 08 6003 1169), (USGTF)
- Terachat Hitanant Sathu 20 Driving Range (Tel: 0 2212 2920-1), (Australasian Golf Academy)
- Thanachai Kaewchaiya Heartland Golf Schools (Tel: 0 2953-5310-11), (N/A)
- Theeravat Supravarangkul Heartland Golf Schools (Tel: 0 2953 5310-11), (N/A)
- Tony Meechai Heartland Golf Schools (Tel: 0 2953 5310-11), (USPGA)
- Touchapol Sripetch Mahamek Driving Range (Tel: 0 2679 8126), (N/A)
- Umnart Gerdgasin Aree Golf - Sukhumvit 26 (Tel: 0 2259 8425), (N/A)
- Vasna Pornchumni Heartland Golf Schools (Tel: 0 2953 5310-11), (N/A)
- Vichaya Srinakar Mahamek Driving Range (Tel: 0 2679 8126), (N/A)
- Visanu Art Tongwarin Heartland Golf Schools (Tel: 0 2953 5310-11), (USPGF)
- Voravit Boonprasert Heartland Golf Schools (Tel: 0 2953 5310-11), (N/A)
- Wallop Khanardnid Heartland Golf Schools (Tel: 0 2953 5310-11), (TPGA)
- Wanna Sangarikul Heartland Golf Schools (Tel: 0 2953 5310-11), (N/A)
- Wichian Bangjan Mahamek Driving Range (Tel: 0 2679 8126), (N/A)
- Yuthasak Chotayanon Petchburi Driving Range (Tel: 08 9773 7774), (N/A)
- All Season Golf Academy (Tel: 0 2716 8945-6)
- Bangkok Cleveland Golf School (Tel: 0 2514 3270-1)
- Chaowarat Golf Academy Bangkok, Thailand ()
- Doug Hood Golf School ()
- Fortune Golf School (Tel: 0 2736 1136, 0 2689 1140)
- Heartland Golf School (Tel: 0 2231 2203, )
- Master Golf Academy (Tel: 0 2947 8851-2)
- Nathee Golf Academy (Tel: 0 2803 3421, 0 2803 3943)
- Par 3 Master Golf School (Tel: 0 2541 7421-4)
- Power & Easy Golf Academy (Tel: 0 2907 7966)
- Prem Golf Academy Production Chiang Mai, Thailand ()
- The Gary Player Golf Academy Blue Canyon Country Club, Phuket, Thailand ()
- Asian Splendour Holidays Ltd. ()
- BookingAnywhere.com (; Golf Booking in Thailand)
- Chiangmai Swing (; Golf la carte en Thailande)
- Golf-Tours-Thailand (; Golf vacations in Thailand)
- GolfAsian (; Thailand golf experts)
- Golf Orient Phuket Thailand (; Golf tours in Thailand)
- Pattaya Golf Vacations Thailand ()
- Royal Fox Golf Tours Hua Hin Thailand ()
- Siam Golf Tour (; Golf Holiday Adventure)
- Thailandgolfholidays (; Thailand’s specialist golf tour operators)
- ThaiGolfGuide.com (; Golf in Thailand, daily exclusive golf in Bangkok)
- Quality Golf Thailand Ltd. (; quality golf tours across Thailand)
Golf Travel Guide
Tips to enjoy golf in Thailand
- Now, when foreigners come to a place like The Land of Smiles to play golf, having a good time is of the upmost priority.
- The Thai are pretty laid-back, so don’t complain a lot even if they lose, in fact they usually don’t even have handicaps.
- The Thais really appreciate foreigners who attempt to learn some of the local language and even if it’s only a few words the foreigner can say, he will be making lots of new friends in no time.
- In Thailand membership is not needed to play at a golf course.
- Friendly pretty caddies and carts can be hired for a fraction of the cost of the Western world. A lot of foreigners may be mystified to see their caddies walking around in blazing temperatures but being typical Thai they don’t like the sun.
- Clubs and all equipment can be hired in Thailand.
- All foreigners when entering the gold course should adhere to Thai ways and dress respectably when out on the course and that means wearing a nice shirt trousers (or skirt) and shoes, no-one is allowed in if they course show up bare-chested wearing only shorts and sandals
Thailand’s culture, traditions and etiquette
- Just like any country in the world, the locals are proud of their country and culture and appreciate foreigners who take the time to read up and adhere to some of their ways.
- The Thais avoid confrontation, arguing and constant bickering, so the foreign visitor ought to relax, be patient and chill out.
- Unlike in the West sometimes, a Thai would never start waving his arms frantically in the air and making a big fuss if his waitress got the order slightly wrong,
- There is a phrase in Thai ‘mai pen rai’ which means ‘nevermind’/’it’s all right’. If the foreign visitor respects the locals they will respect back; it is advised to try and have good manners at all times.
- Another phrase in Thai that the foreigner should know is ‘nam jai’ literally ‘water heart’ which means ‘understanding’/ ‘considerate’, most of the times the Thais will selflessly go out of their way to ensure that the foreigner’s stay in Thailand is a truly pleasant one. Appreciation for such acts of kindness should be returned.
- Thais greet each other by ‘wai-ing’, this is done by placing ones palms together in prayer-like fashion and placing them on the chest with the tip of the fingers touching the nose. The depth of the wai depends on the amount of respect someone wants to show.
- Age and social class are very important, Thais show a lot of respect to elderly folk and those in authority. This is part of Thailand’s pee-nong system or in English, patron-client-relationship
- The person of who is the lesser, for example the younger, should usually wai first.
- Thais do not usually wai children or service assistances, such as waiters or taxi drivers. The Thais think it’s funny when they see foreign visitors mistakingly doing this.
- Thailand is a Buddhist country and so the head is the most sacred part of the body, it is essential not to touch someone there.
- The lowest part of the body are the feet, these must be tucked in. Unlike in the West for example, the Thais do not stretch out their legs and feet on say the bus.
- Thais never use their feet to grab someone else’s attention or open a door for example.
- Thai-style eating is by using a spoon to shovel rice into the mouth and not a fork. Forks are all right though for fried noodles and snacks but not rice dishes.
- Foreign tourists are recommended not to eat in their hotel all the time, instead they ought and try some of the street food, a lot of it is just as good, if not even more scrumptious that the 5 star stuff.
- When in Thailand, it is advised to keep ones alcohol consumption under control, no-one appreciates folk who are uncontrollable; otherwise they could end up spending the night locked up courtesy of the corrections department.
- Thai people have a lot of respect for their religion. When foreigners enter a temple they should dress respectably; women certainly do not wear a revealing mini skirt, hot pants or strapless top.
- It is perfectly all right to snap a picture of a Buddha Image but under no circumstances should anyone climb up it or even touch it.
- Thais, when seeing a monk walking towards them, step aside and let them pass. They also give up their seats on the bus for monks. Women must never touch a monk.
- Thais, when giving a donation to a monk or temple, always put the money in an envelope and hand it over like that. It is incorrect for a monk to touch money but some still improperly do.
- Thais do not appreciate foreigners who come here and walk around bare-chested, including going topless on the beach, in fact it is actually illegal and a fine could be charged
- Shorts are all right in Thailand but they ought to look nice and tidy, make sure they look nice.
- Thais women are conservative and self-conscious about their looks; foreign women should wear a brassiere at all times.
- Besides Buddhism, the Thais also have a lot of respect for the royal family. It is socially taboo for anyone to anything negative about any of the royals; otherwise there could be some serious trouble.
A tip equal to the caddy fee, usually about 200 baht, is expected.
- Drink lots of fluids.
- Wear sunscreen.
Golf Upcoming Events
- 18/01/2008-31/01/2009 Thailand PGA Challenge Tours 2008
- 18/01/2008-31/01/2009 Thailand PGA Tours 2008
- Professional Golf Association of Thailand (TPGA) 20 / 262-264 Room GSE4, in the area of Sports City Golf Course, Moo 9, Prachachuen Road, Tambon Bangtalad, Amphoe Pakkred. Nonthaburi (Tel: 0 2574 5422-4 Fax: 0 2369 3761, )
- Thailand Amateur Ladies Golf Association 518/3 Panunee Building (4th Floor), Ploenchit Road, Bangkok 10330 (Tel: 0 2254 0340 ext. 107-108, )
- Thailand Junior Golf Club 458/7-9 Siam Squares Soi 8, Rama 1 Road, Prathumwan, Bangkok, 10330 (Tel: 0 2250 1952-3 Fax: 0 2251 5657, E-mail : email@example.com, )
- Thailand Golf Association (TGA) 2088 Ramkhamhaeng Road, Huamark, Bangkapi, Bangkok 10240 or P.O. Box 1190 Ramkhamhaeng, Bangkok 10241 (Tel: 0 2235 3034-8 Fax: 0 2266 7963, )
- Thailand Golf Courses Association (TGCA) 96 Moo 3 Vibhavadi-Rangsit Road, Kwang Taladbangkhen, Laksi, Bangkok 10210 (Tel: 0 2266 5234 Fax: 0 2552 3783, 0 2973 4606)
This page was last edited at 12:55, on 6 March 2009 by Anonymous user(s) of Wikitravel. Based on work by Dontri, bornDistinction and lktth, Wikitravel user(s) Morph, Anonymous user(s) of Wikitravel and others.