Newport News is a city in Virginia.
- Newport News/Williamsburg International Airport(PHF), 900 Bland Blvd., Phone: (757) 877-0221, .
- Amtrak There are generally at least two trains a day in each direction between Newport News and Boston, stopping at all major points along Amtrak's Northeast Corridor. The trip to Washington, DC is four hours and 20 minutes. 
- I64 Interstate 64 Eastbound will take you straight into Newport NewsNewport News. I64 intersects I95 in Richmond and I81 near Staunton
- HRT - Hampton Roads Transit provides local bus routes, as well as express buses across the tunnels to the southside of the Hampton Roads area.
- Main Roads - Jefferson Avenue and Warwick Boulevard are the two main north/south routes through the city. All directions lead you down one of these streets.
- Virginia Living Museum, 524 J. Clyde Morris Blvd., Newport News, VA 23601, ☎ 757-595-1900, . Summer: Daily: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Winter: Monday - Saturday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Sunday: 12 noon to 5 p.m.. The museum's living exhibits and hands-on experiences engage groups of all ages. Outdoors, groups can stroll the elevated boardwalk to view coastal birds, beavers and other animals in naturalized habitats, plus native plant gardens.Adult: $15.00, Child 3-12: $12.00.
- The Mariners' Museum, 100 Museum Drive Newport News, VA 23606, ☎ (757) 596-2222, . Daily (Monday – Saturday): 10 A.M. to 5 P.M.; Sunday 12 to 5 P.M.. One of the largest and most comprehensive maritime history museums in the world, this museum is the home of the USS Monitor Center.$12.50 Adults; $12.50 Adults; Free for children 5 and under.
- Peninsula Fine Arts Center, 101 Museum Drive Newport News, VA 23606(The Center is located at 101 Museum Drive in Newport News, Virginia, directly across from The Mariners' Museum within Mariners' Museum Park. To reach Pfac, take I-64 Exit 258 A onto J. Clyde Morris Blvd. South, proceed 2.5 miles through Warwick Blvd. intersection, and turn left onto Museum Drive.), ☎ (757) 596-8175, . Tuesday through Saturday, 10 am-5 pm; Sunday 1-5 pm. Explore the arts at the Peninsula Fine Arts Center (Pfac) with an ever-changing array of exhibitions, programs, events and studio classes.Adults: $7.50; Children ages 6-12: 4.00; Children under 6: Free.
- Hilton Village - Hilton Village is recognized as the United States' first Federal war-housing project, and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. There are dozens of shops and cafes in Hilton, so do go and spend the afternoon in this quaint neighborhood.
- Newport News Park - One of the largest municipal parks in the country, this 8,000 acre park is home to a variety of native wildlife, including deer, foxes, otter, raccoon and beaver. Miles of walking and biking trails wander through woods, swamps and meadows. Rowboats, paddleboats and canoes are available for rent, and there are over 180 campsites available for reservation.
- Patrick Henry Mall, 12300 Jefferson Avenue, Newport News, Virginia 23602, ☎ (757) 249-4305, . Mon – Sat: 10am – 9pm; Sun: 12 noon – 6pm. Dozens of stores await you in the only fully-enclosed mall on the peninsula.
- The Crabshack Seafood Restaurant: On the James River, 7601 River Road, Newport News, Virginia 23607(Take Mercury Blvd. south, and turn right at the last stop light before the James River Bridge. It's on the left side of the park near the beach.), ☎ (757) 245-CRAB, . Sun-Thurs: 11AM to 11:30PM; Fri-Sat: 11am to 12:30AM. During the Spring and Summer, eat out on the covered patio and enjoy the views of the James River.
- Vinny's Pizza & Pasta, 748 J Clyde Morris Blvd., Newport News VA, ☎ (757) 594-3354. You have to peruse the pizza case before you sit down and order, otherwise you'll never believe half of what's on the menu. Baked ziti pizza? Cheesesteak pizza? This place is good, authentic Italian food housed in an old Hawaiian-style Pizza Hut building!
- The Weekend Pub, 13361 Warwick Blvd, Newport News, VA, 23602, ☎ (757) 988-0506. Located on Warwick Boulevard near Pep Boys, the pub is a great place to throw down a few pints. They have an expansive selection of imported beers from around the world. Ask about their t-shirt competition.
- Best Western Newport News Inn & Suites, 500 Operations Drive, ☎ +1 757 952-1182(toll free: +1 866 833-2378, fax: +1 757 952-1183), .
- Holiday Inn Express, 16890 Warwick Blvd., Suite B, ☎ +1 757 887-3300, .
- Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites, 943 J. Clyde Morris Blvd., ☎ +1 757 596-6417, .
- Marriott Newport News at City Center, 740 Town Center Drive, ☎ +1 757 873-9299(fax: +1 757 873-9298), .
- Motel 6, 797 J Clyde Morris Boulevard, ☎ +1 757 595-6336(fax: +1 757 595-8124), .
- Newport News Microtel Inn, 501 Operations Drive, ☎ +1 757 249-8355(fax: +1 757 249-8874), .
- Comfort Suites Airport, 12570 Jefferson Ave, ☎ +1 757 947-1333, .
This page was last edited at 08:59, on 12 March 2009 by Colin Jensen. Based on work by mandieb, Hotel Maker Bot, Evan Prodromou and David and Anonymous user(s) of Wikitravel.