Oulu (Oulun lääni) is a province in Finland, covering much of the historical lands of Ostrobothnia (Pohjanmaa) and Kajanaland (Kainuu).
Oulu is divided into two regions.
- Northern Ostrobothnia ( [fi] Pohjois-Pohjanmaa, [sv] Norra Österbotten)
- Kainuu ( [sv] Kajanaland)
- Oulu - technology city of the North
- Kajaani - the heart of Kajanaland
- Kuusamo- a ski resort in the northeastern corner of Oulu Province.
- Hailuoto. A village on the island of Hailuoto.
This page was last edited at 08:51, on 27 October 2008 by Anonymous user(s) of Wikitravel. Based on work by Todd VerBeek and Jani Patokallio, Wikitravel user(s) Christian B, WindHorse and Ypsilon and Anonymous user(s) of Wikitravel.