Philadelphia - East Falls
East Falls, Philadelphia is a neighborhood that is quickly becoming one of the hot places to live and visit. It is located on a hillside overlooking the Schuylkill River, with restaurants and businesses generally along Ridge Ave at the bottom of the hill and rowhomes/condos/apartments as you go up the hill.
East Falls is within walking distance of Manayunk and is well served by public transit.
- Philadelphia University
- The neighborhood has fantastic walking/biking access to Center City, as it is located right on the Kelly Drive/Schuylkill River path.
- East Falls Glassworks, 3510 Scotts Lane, . Watch live glassblowing demonstrations, check out locally-made glass art or take a glassblowing class.
There are several good restaurants and pubs that have recently opened along Ridge Ave.
- The Pour House, 4213 Ridge Ave, . Two floors of TV, beers, and martinis. Pub food and daily specials.
- Buckets Bar and Grill, 3749 Midvale Ave. Tu-Su 11AM-1AM.
- Bill Murphy's Irish Saloon, 3333 Conrad St. and Indian Queen Ln, . A legendary bar located in the heart of East Falls.
This page was last edited at 22:34, on 22 July 2007 by Ann. Based on work by Michele Ann Jenkins and Anonymous user(s) of Wikitravel.